Why is the TOPCIMA Case Study different?
(1) You are given significant pre-seen material before the exam about a company and its industry
(2) You have to write a full report, usually to the board of directors, for 90 of the 100 marks available
(3) In the exam you are given new issues about the company which you must analyse and discuss
(4) You must prioritise the points you make
(5) You must make recommendations
(6) Scripts are marked according to a marking matrix. Its no longer one mark for each good point or calculation you get right. The marks are given for key criteria demonstrated in your report such as judgement, application, focus and logic.
(7) There is no new theory to learn. All theory from all your studies to date is relevant.
(8) There is unbelievable time pressure in the exam, far worse than any other CIMA exam.
The 5 keys to passing the Case Study
So the exam is very different. That also means that the work you need to do prior to the exam is to. Here are 5 keys to exam success.
(1) Analyse the pre-seen including the a detailed company and industry analysis.
(2) Understand the requirements and report format required
(3) Get to grips with the marking matrix and understand what you need to do to pass
(4) Master your time management (this is the biggest reason people fail!)
(5) Develop a clear, logical and concise writing style.
How can this website help?
Throughout this website you'll find a variety of information to help you to get to grips with these 5 steps. Simply use the links at the top of the page to navigate around the various sectons.
Please also see our current courses and links on how to book in the Courses section.
Reed Business School Tel: 01608 674224 Fax: 01608 674518 @ firstname.lastname@example.org